My Grandma always told me, the way to a man's heart is though his stomach....and she was right.
This is a perfect recipe to impress that guy or girl across an apple orchard.
- 9 inch double pie crust (I usually grab a recipe so that I can be creative with the top layer) Either works
- ½ cup of unsalted butter
- 3 heaping tablespoons of all purpose flour
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup of white sugar
- ¾ cup of brown sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 9 Granny Smith apples, peeled and cut into slices.
- 1 egg yolk + Tbsp of water
- Tbsp of Dulce de Leche
Pre heat oven to 425 degrees F
- Add the apples in a bowl and top with white sugar and cinnamon let sit for 5 minutes.
- Melt butter in saucepan
- Stir in flour
- Add brown sugar and water, bring to a boil, then turn heat down to simmer.
- Add apple mixture to pie crust
- Drizzle butter liquid over top and add the top crust or lattice.
- Brush egg yolk and water over pie.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 425F then turn down temp to 350F for 30 -35 minutes.
- Let it cool slightly then drizzle the Dulce de Leche over pie, serve with vanilla ice cream.
And Voila! Perfection!